Primus released the deluxe edition of Sailing the Seas of Cheese, which features a new stereo mix of the classic, overseen by Les Claypool himself, plus 3 exclusive, previously unreleased bonus tracks: 2 live recordings from Primus’ 2012 “3D Tour” and the Bassnectar Remix of “Here Come The Bastards”.
I’ve been a fan since I was a kid, watching these weirdos play a massive role in redefining leftfield alternative music. Check out a preview of my remix below, and click the links to grab the release!
Announcing our third year at the musical mecca that is Red Rocks!
Following last year’s sold out double-header, we’re coming back for another 2-night blitz, with some special guests in support: DJ Shadow (DJ set), A-Trak, Treasure Fingers, Two Fresh, Tokimonsta and Thriftworks!
Presale tickets go on sale this Wednesday Feb 27th @ 10am MST: Presale tickets are now sold out!
VIP tickets include front-center seating/standing area and a limited edition poster. (VIP tickets are sold out!)
Tickets go on sale this Saturday March 2nd @ 10:00 AM MST.
ALL TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT – THANK YOU RED ROCKS FAMILY!
**** Fillmore Box Office in Denver will be open at 10:00am and has no Ticketmaster fees! ****
Unlike our Will Call-only presales for the Spring Tour, these Red Rocks presales are physical tickets – you will be mailed your tickets in advance of the shows. For venue ticketing: all GA tickets will be physical and mailed directly to you, VIP tickets will be Will Call so you can collect your lovely poster! Please check your type of ticket at purchase and make sure your mailing address is correct for all GA ticket purchases.
Our Red Rocks shows sell out so please spread the word – we hate hearing from upset bass heads who have missed out…
We are long overdue to return to Colorado, and have been planning this event for the past year:
Red Rocks 2012 – Night 1 Family Photo – by Britt Chester
After reading so many comments about our on sale this morning, I thought I’d take a minute to explain how this all works and what it all means.
With every show the promoter gives Bassnectar (typically) a 10% allotment of the tickets to sell at discounted prices with lower fees. If a show holds 1,000 people, we get 100 tickets to sell. This is the result of some music industry legislation. Read about SCI vs Ticketmaster and say thanks when you see them! Anyway, it’s a very limited number of tickets for our fan club so they go quickly.
First off THANK YOU!!!! Our fan club presale tickets were gone almost as soon as they went up this morning. We even had our ticketing company check to make sure this wasn’t the work of bots. Almost all of the presales were sold out within the first 5 minutes. We were actually able to have more tickets added to the Providence, Burlington, Charlotte, and Rochester shows! (In case you missed out, the public on sale begins Friday or Saturday morning depending on venue. Check Bassnectar.net for all of the details.) This Spring Tour is all about tighter venues! This means overall there are limited tickets available to every show. The shows are smaller so please move quickly if you’d like to join us for these special nights.
Although we’re happy to see the tickets move quickly and can’t thank you enough, I’ve seen lots of concerns raised about scalping worth addressing. First things first… The tickets on Stub Hub are not worth a penny. DO NOT BUY THESE!
We’ve disabled name changes for our fan club tickets to be picked up at Will Call. Whoever purchased those must be the one to show up at the venue. As always the Bass Crew is hear to help if there are circumstances that might get in the way.
We’re also giving paperless ticketing a try for the Tabernacle shows (explained here). The credit card used to purchase the tickets must be presented at the show. If this works the way we hope, we’d like to use it more going forward. This system has worked for many other shows @ The Tabernacle so we are excited to give this a whirl!
Please know that the Bassnectar crew is trying hard to crack down on this and it pains us to see a single ticket on Stub Hub.
Our goal is to bring the best music and the best experience possible to as many people as possible, and create magical experiences and memories in an unforgettable way. We want DEEP IMPACT. Thanks for the love and support!
DIFFERENT VENUES/TICKET VENDORS HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES – PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION PROVIDED AT POINT OF PURCHASE BEFORE BUYING YOUR TICKETS. SPEND A MINUTE TO UNDERSTAND THE CONTRACT YOU ARE ENTERING INTO BEFORE YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY!
- As stated above, and at point of purchase, there are no name changes on Will Call tickets. You can purchase a presale ticket from a friend, but you will need to attend the show with the friend you have purchased from, as only they can collect the tickets purchased in their name.
For Public Onsale Tickets:
- For any issue with non-presale tickets, please contact the specific ticket vendor, through their customer service page or check your receipt for a link. Eg for Ticketmaster, go here - www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html
For our paperless ticketing shows in Atlanta:
- As stated above, and at point of purchase, the card used to purchase must be used to collect the tickets. You can purchase tickets from a friend provided you attend the show with that person. You will not be able to enter the venue without the card used to purchase.
- To try and change the card used for purchase: for Ticketmaster tickets click the link at the bottom of your confirmation receipt email, or log into Ticketmaster.com direct with the account used to purchase the tickets. Click on order history and select the show. Click the transfer tickets button and enter all the necessary info.
It is always amazing, and humbling, to see the lengths some of you will go to in order to hit as many of our shows as possible. It’s no small feat in terms of organization, traveling, and cost, not to mention endurance!
So we want to give something back to one road-worthy bass head. We’re giving away a Season Pass to our Spring Tour 2013 – 2 x VIP tickets to every single show from Burlington through to Chattanooga.
If you are planning on road-tripping the tour route with your fellow revelers, you and one travel buddy could be our VIP guest at every show you can reach.
All you need to do is prove your hardcore credentials – some digital evidence of your efforts to travel far and wide in the name of bass – so we can be sure this makes it into the hands of someone with the means to back it up on the road.
You can post something in the comments below (to attach an image, click the image icon in the bottom left of the comment box), post it on our Facebook wall, or just tag your photo/link/whatever on Twitter or Instagram with #Passnectar.
Obviously we want this pass to find a good home before presales go up tomorrow, so we will be awarding a winner later today.
Thanks to everyone who journeys from afar to make it to our shows, whether it’s one show or all of them! Your passion and dedication is an inspiration
ANNOUNCING: 3 Weeks Only – Bassnectar Spring Tour 2013 Dates!
After a year of slammed arena shows, we wanted to put together a special run of dates in tighter, more intimate venues; some of which we have outgrown, and some of which we’ve never played before. We will be bringing our full set-up out and customizing each room into the perfect setting for maximum explosion, and we have hand-picked each venue for its ideal atmosphere.
It kicks off mid-April: 3 weeks of nonstop mayhem starting right out of Coachella and making our way down the East Coast towards Atlanta. Our special guests GRiZ, Michal Menert, and Thriftworks are all along for the ride.
Discounted presale tickets will be available on Wednesday, February 6th @ Noon EST, with the public on sale beginning Friday & Saturday depending on the venue.
1. We expect these dates to sell out fast, and with limited capacity scalping is always an issue. If you want to be a part of this adventure, we suggest you buy presales and avoid an upset. We will do our best to get as many true bass heads and wonderful people packed into each room as we can, so please coordinate with your friends to avoid paying high scalping prices later, as with smaller venues this problem gets more intense.
2. There are so many wicked towns, cities and villages we love traveling to, but of course we cannot be everywhere at once. The idea for 2013 was to play a bunch of rad festivals, ramping up to a Fall Tour stampede. We put together this shorter blast of more intimate dates with only three weeks to work in, so there was just a limited number of places we can reach. If you don’t see your city on our map, there is a good chance we will be seeing you this Fall. Also, we have certain large festivals scheduled which affect where we can or can’t play this Spring. We can’t go everywhere, every season, but it goes without saying that we have so much love for our friends all across the country, and without your passion and support none of this would be possible – so we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
3. We are happy to announce that we’ve had all venues agree to allow one sealed water bottle in with each patron. This has been a huge undertaking, something we’ve never before been able to do. Please be extremely respectful with this. Enjoy the healthy goodness of water, but please don’t throw it!