Last Stop in Lawrence. Join the Freakshow!

November 19th, 2009

11-6-09-chitown-hob-chad-smith-7Howdy!

I just wanna say thank you from the top & bottom of my heart for the most INCREDIBLE and STUPEFYING show of love, enthusiasm and energy. This past Cozza Frency tour has been the sickest EVER! Totally old school energy, with a next level twist. During a time of recession, with so much going on, to have nearly every show be sold out and rammed out so early on has FLABBERGASTED me and my entire crew. WE LOVE YOU!!!!

We have had to do a sick amount of laundry, because i am drenched at the end of each night.

Our sound system is getting tighter and more dialed by the night.
I am working 3-5 hours a day on each night’s set, cutting it up, and tweaking it out from the night before.

I’m writing a quick note because we are closing out the US Tour for Fall 2009 this Saturday night in Lawrence, KS.

Tonight in Fayetteville and tomorrow in Colombia are both sold out, and we are flooded with people asking for tickets.

There are a few left in Lawrence, and we just got 50 added to our Fan Club ticketing:

Get tix: https://www.bassnectar.net/2009/07/lawrence-ks-2009-11-21/

We would love you to join us if you are feeling it!
Heads UP! That show will sell out as well, so i wanted to get any hardcores out there who feel like taking a roadtrip the chance to grab tickets before its too late.

THANKS AGAIN! YOU ARE BLOWING MY MIND!!!!

(And Canada…we will see you shortly… 😉

L

Comments

37 Responses to “Last Stop in Lawrence. Join the Freakshow!”
  1. Dustin HLN says:

YO!! HighLucyNation in Nebraska has a charter bus of people comin down to let loose!! Liberty Hall is gonna be nutso 🙂

2. Dustin HLN says:

3. VCBmorelatina says:

I just wanted to thank you for providing me with the best birthday I have had. I couldn't think of a better way to spend it. The Philly show blew me away…danced the entire time (well almost). Thank You again from the bottom of my heart. Can't wait to see you live again….3 times in one year…I have been blessed.

4. Ted E says:

You need to come to NY way more than you do. Hands down one of the sickest dj sets Ive heard in a while. What was that smashing pumpkins to rage mix? I didnt even realize what was missing till you got here. The crowd, visuals , lights. entire show was amazzzzzing. Thanks!

5. jane2113 says:

I agree NY, VT should be on your next tour… we're hurtin' up here. Although it's not stopping me 😛

Can't wait for the Toronto show!!

6. cheira says:

when are you coming to europe!?
    rome perhaps….hmmm?
    hahah i wanna see you live! you honestly do create WONDERFUL music

7. I was at the New York show. Towards the end of the set, I want to say about 4 or 5 tracks before the end, you took a song and so full of nectar and reversed the bass in a way that almost made me poop. What was the name of that track? It should be called the brown note.
    Anyway, me and my buddies all had an awesome time. The lights, the sound, everything was on point and perfect. Your hair somehow looked like it was part of the show. We were all covered in so much nectar by the time we left that place.
    Till next time,
    Mike

PS: You should come to wmc againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Bassnectar says:

hahahah
      i love the brown note
      hmmm…reversed the bass? like ish was playing backwards?

or was it mayhem heavy super mega hardcore?

if it was playing backwards, thats my remix of Fever Ray.

if it was just ultra mind-pop fast and hardcore thats my mashup of the omen, which is a difficult track to explain

its Prodigy VS NOisia VS Tipper/SiBegg VS Bassnectar (i think)

🙂

8. tobiasco says:

Totally bummed that your show is sold out tonight. I'm a huge fan and just moved down to the area. I'll probably just head down to dickson and listen to the thump from the sidewalk. I hope you guys have a good time and I'll be sending good vibes your way.

Corinne

• Bassnectar says:

hahaha!
      Corinne! forget the lump on the sidewalk, grab presale to our last US tour stop Saturday night in Lawrence..its only 1.5 hours from COlombia…we will melt that place DOWWWWWWN
      🙂

9. wompears says:

Yea man the Filmore show in NYC was mind boggling. You slayed it to the point where i though my mind was going to explode…The Missy Eliot mix was ill, and the smashing pumpkins mix was fucking nectar dude…Any Family Photo from that night gunna be posted up here?

10. tobiasco says:

I wish I could dude. I would be there in a snap. Will you all be out and about after the show?

11. I don't know where to start. i bought my tickets 3 months ago. liberty hall was in-fuckin-sane. best damn night of my life. straight up. and i got to shake your hand after the show. all i ever dreamed of.

keep WOMPin,

one love,

STeve

12. nice aint no rest for the wicked remix- does it have a name?
    andd the way you opened up the show was fanominal*
    once i connected with the music it was not easy to stop dancin 🙂

13. Craziest show in my life, never seen you live before but man you tore it up. I was right there in the front with you that whole time ragin' with the white bandana. Come back to Lawrence soon!

-Sean

14. Bear Shirt says:

Jesus dude. I have always loved your shit, and seeing it live made it that much better. Your crew seems to be a tight knit 'family' that gets shit done! And I want to thank you sir, for coming out of left field with “Bullet with Butterfly Wings” By the Pumpkins, Same with the pixies. Tightest shit ever. Keep it up and dont stop!

15. Build_the_beatandtheywill_come says:

Who was the second DJ in Lawrence? He had some unique beats.

16. yoshiii says:

Second up in Lawrence was Nosaj Thing
    Loved the show duuuude I raged alllll night in Columbia and Lawrence. Come back soon as possible!

17. Miranda RIggs says:

no, no thank YOUU for blowing my mind and keeping me focused!!!!

18. Build_the_beatandtheywill_come says:

Lorin,
    For the short time I was at the show, it was really a whole other realm at this type of concert. Yet, I got kicked out because my dumbass didnt know you couldn't smoke inside so i only got to hear about 3or4 songs. I've been to Metallica, Dope, Mudvayne…but yours topped them all with the variety of listeners at the show. Thank you so much for stopping at Lawrence, I really hope to see you again very soon. When is your next US tour? I'm sure your exausted to even think about another tour.
    – Jake

19. Sydneyisme says:

Lawrence was the night i fell in love! Come back ASAP!! And build_the_beat why'd you get kicked out for smoking?! There was hella ppl tokin' it up
    -Syd

20. Gcaddyy says:

yeah wtf i dont know why you got kicked out cuz it was a hot box of smoke at lawrence. Never have rocked out so hard in my life. i love you bassnectar and hope to see you soon.

21. ericksj6 says:

HIt both Michigan shows and your chicago set. Driving from michigan to see you for sea of dreams 2010 with a bunch of dirttty ass dubsteppers. we know you will blow our mind!! One request/suggestion would be to sell links to live streamed shows so i can hit a FULL TOUR!!! one love lorin. i can't wait for the new release with you datsik and excision! can't wait for burning man, shamhala, roth, demf, and underground sound. i expect to see you at all!

22. moonlightonmyfloor says:

COME TO NEW JERSEY. We really aren't as horrible as our stereotype portrays us to be. Find a way to get to central Jersey. I can tell you central NJ is the home of many of your fans.

23. ohhh and one other thing i just remembered today, during the show i went next door for a minute to get a nice cold tea and it was wobbleing in there too, you could hear everything right through the walls and everyone had a confused look on their faces like what the hellll is going on over there???? hahah 🙂

24. ohhh and one other thing i just remembered today, during the show i went next door for a minute to get a nice cold tea and it was wobbleing in there too, you could hear everything right through the walls and everyone had a confused look on their faces like what the hellll is going on over there???? hahah 🙂