Family Photo Detroit

April 10th, 2010

detroit

Comments

24 Responses to “Family Photo Detroit”
  1. zanevicknair says:

What A Gift! great way to start my 39th year on this planet! Sorry bout crashin tha robot brain, but DETROIT loves you Lorin! Thats me and vanessa on your right! Thanks to the Harvest crew for sending me into the shit! Nice to meet you Lia!!

2. eul says:

Thank you so much for playing Love Here!

3. Chris/Wobblefan says:

This Show was so touching, and i mean that…I gota handshake and a signature on my light gloves from Lorin Ashton AND my girlfriend got kissd on the forehead AND he told her that he loved her!!!. best experience of my life, not washing until the next D.Troit show, pllllleeeeaaaze come play what u couldnt end with cuza ur lap crashing. been to all ur D.Troit shows and u keeep killing it. gona c u at bonnaroo and EVERYTIME u come back our group will be bigger and bigger, spreadin the love for u constantly bro. U R THE TRUE….wubwubwubwubwub…BASSHEAD

4. Robby says:

Just saw you on Thursday in Indy and Friday in Detroit and both those shows were AMAZING!!! The only way I have been able to describe the Fillmore show was AMAZING and Emotional….. That was the 4th time I have seen you perform and the first time you slowed it down and it was awesome… I have never felt so connected to an artist….. you are truly one of a kind….. Love what you do and I can't wait to see you 3 more times this summer!!!

• Lorin says:

thanks Robby!!!!
      🙂
      i got this crazy energy inside me and i want to share it. i am sure you feel the same, and that is what its about for me 🙂

• Robby says:

So my fiance and best friend are celebrating their 21st b-days @ Summer Camp. I was just wondering if there would be anyway you could tell them Happy Birthday during your set. We are all huge fans and have traveled all over the mid-west to see you as much as possible. Their names are Macy and Lane. They would be absolutely floored if you did and it would be the best birthday present ever! I tried emailing you to keep this a secret but keep getting emails in return saying that those addresses aren't checked very often so I'm gonna try this way and hopefully they don't check this blog.

• Lorin says:

ha! thats a sweet thought. you are a good friend!!!
          hopefully you will understand that i do not do shout outs…if i did it for one person by request, i would end up having to do it for 100s of people and it would get really disruptive…we could meet up there though!
          🙂

• Robby says:

I totally understand. That would be an awesome start to the summer and an even better birthday present haha. We will be @ Summercamp Thursday morning @ 8 waiting in line so we will be there all weekend. Just let me know where and when to be and we will be there. Do you need any of my contact information so once we are there we can pinpoint a spot and the best time for you?

• LORIN says:

hey
            i’ll be str8 up: this will be hard to coordinate, so i cannot make promises. i prefer to just say, lets see if it happens. but i know how that goes too.

my plan was already to dress up like a Granny and go out into the festival and get loco
            (so if you see any grannies, offer to help them cross the st..it might be me. haha)

but seriously, if you wanna try to coordinate, yu can hit assistance@

ill also be around before and after my set

much love!
            🙂

• Robby says:

I’m glad you like our bus. So i emailed assistance and got no reply….. I figured it may be easier to try and catch up with you after your set @ summercamp…… So if I wanted to do so where would be the best place for us to go to try and make this possible…. hopefully i’m not being a pest I just REALLY want this to happen. And hopefully Maeci, Lane, myself and a few of my friends can see you there!

5. @Wobblecopter says:

I swear the shows get better every time, never fails. Killed it. It is dead.

6. redrobotforme says:

i have to know what that dreamy song was that you mixed at the show… female vocalist.. ? i dont know the lyrics but as soon as i heard it i fell in love !

ps. the show was a riot… the whole time i kept thinking 'THATS the kind of art teacher i want to be!'

• Lorin says:

thats a cool thought
      🙂

and…vocalist…there was a LOT of female vocals…maybe Imogen Heap, Fever Ray, Nelly Furtado? you dont remember how it went?

• redrobotforme says:

i really dont remember at all ! its terrible! i know for sure it wasnt magical world or hide and seek… i dont think it was fever ray either? were there any others with lady singers? maybe i dreamt it.

• haroot says:

U can never go wrong with Imogen Heap or Fever Ray.

7. EPIC show my friend. Definitely looking forward to next time already.

8. Robby says:

9. Lorin says:

ha! thats a sweet thought. you are a good friend!!!
    🙂