DOLLAR PER BASS HEAD: VOTE NOW

August 30th, 2011

Dollar per Bass HeadWe are proud to announce the launch of our Dollar Per Bass Head initiative!

For every person who attends a Bassnectar event or show, we donate $1 to nonprofit organizations in an effort to encourage giving, and to promote a strong, informed, empowered community. This concept is meaningful to us because it gives us an opportunity to come together and truly make a positive difference in the world. Here is how it works:

1. We collect and donate one dollar for every ticket sold, and send it to Air Traffic Control, a non profit organization that helps artists optimize their opportunities for social contribution.

2. Every time the Bass Bank reaches a minimum of $50,000 we will present 3 different organizations that are doing amazing things to empower education, health, or community. You can learn about the organizations, what they do and how, and see how you can get involved if you are interested. This is not only a great way to give back, but it is also an awesome way to meet new friends, and to explore life OUTSIDE of the party.

3. We hold a vote at bassnectar.net to place the organizations in order of preference.

4. The organization with the most votes will receive $25,000, the runner up will receive $15,000 and the third finalist will receive $10,000.

CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT THESE CAUSES AND PLACE YOUR VOTE!

Comments

42 Responses to “DOLLAR PER BASS HEAD: VOTE NOW”
  1. sirhC says:

Makes me glad to be a fan of someone who cares about what goes on in the world.. Rock on, Lorin!

2. sirhC says:

3. Anonymous says:

Airhorn

4. David Gibson says:

How does a non-profit sign up for this? We (Envirolution – http://www.envirolution.org) teach students about energy conservation by leading them on an energy audit of their school, providing real-world examples of what they’ve learned in the classroom, and helping the budget-strapped school district to cut energy costs. We also lead job training programs for energy auditors, building an industry that can help put people back to work while helping homeowners reduce their costs.

We also happen to be Bass Heads!

We’d love to sign up for a future round of funding. Please let me know how this is possible – david.gibson@envirolution.org / 775-391-1329

Thanks!

-David

5. Anonymous says:

That is super wonderful of you!
    Thanks!

6. Anonymous says:

That is super wonderful of you!
    Thanks!

7. Anonymous says:

That is super wonderful of you!
    Thanks!

8. Anonymous says:

This is way cool. Seems you folks are too smart to ever give money to the astro turf corporate scum, StudentsFirst! Peace wit carrots.

9. Bmolly18 says:

vote for altnet

10. Bmolly18 says:

vote for altnet

11. Anonymous says:

Reply to Bmolly18:
    Telling anyone how to vote, for better or worse, is contrary to the cencepts of free thinking I believe Alternet & Freepress promote.

12. Anonymous says:

Reply to Bmolly18:

13. Anonymous says:

Can I do ROLLOVER VOTING? In other words…can I vote a second and third time so that my choices actually mean something? Because all of the choices that you offer are great choices indeed! Party ON!!!!

14. Richard Whisler says:

Great Idea! Thank you Carry On!

15. Richard Whisler says:

Great Idea! Thank you Carry On!

16. Richard Whisler says:

Great Idea! Thank you Carry On!

17. Richard Whisler says:

Carry on!

18. Richard Whisler says:

Carry on!

19. Richard Whisler says:

Carry on!

20. Pdcorson says:

GREAT IDEA !!!! YOU GUYS ROCK

21. Pdcorson says:

GREAT IDEA !!!! YOU GUYS ROCK

22. Angela says:

Thank you for your generosity of Spirit, from which the money comes.
    You are a true inspiration!
    Angela

23. shroomer says:

These “charities” are owned  and operated by Who ? What % of the Money they receive  go’s to the suggested   cause . Like Alternet ‘s Lie about freedom of the press  ,I have been censored by them for years . Only through    ””Fundraisers””’  am i allowed to post (if this is not blocked) I do not trust them ,I do not support them . If I use an article from one of their writers I give credit and add” I do not support Alternet.

24. Genevievevan says:

Personally, I love Alternet and find them informative and fair. Subscribers select topics they are interested in.  I like it that the readers typically respect each other and openly share facts related to any given topic.

25. tom rogers says:

Good picks for good causes!

26. Casaverde23 says:

Great choices & thanks for doing that ……… hope you will have a sell-out crowd always;)

27. Anonymous says:

Just so ya know: 91% of political talk radio on commercial broadcast stations in the USA is conservative, 9% is Progressive.
    While Rushs’ business plan is to be admired and he was first out of the gate, it was lobbying and paid influence that gathered the lawmakers into the corral to eliminate rules that provided “balance” of views broadcast, removing rules limiting ownership and local origination of programming. This allowed the explosion of the “hate” radio genre.  In consequence we have brainwashed, low information citizens and many are simply driven out of the political process by the negativity.  In the Texas Governor election last time around 33% of the eligible voters showed up to vote. In reality the current Governor and Presidential candidate was elected by 18% of Texas’ eligible voters, 1 in 5 that is.
    These are all fantastic candidates for the award. I am glad that each of them get some award. Choose on!

• SpaceHead says:

I agree, but that is mainly because 90% of political talk radio’s listeners are either huge Conservatives already or over the age of 65.  We could use these, Colbert Superpac, or just change the world merry prankster’s style.  One thing is for sure though, does not matter if you vote Liberal or Conservative; both parties intend to and will succeed in making the federal government bigger and more powerful.  It’s not a choice if I’m choosing between two opposite looking and sounding people that are motivated to do the same exact thing; one through military $$$ and one through regulations (on citizens as well as corporations).  I love these causes because no one notices these things when they get all their info from one news outlet.  I could read 3 papers, watch 4 channels, and go to anywhere on 2/3 of this planet and still get my news from Mr. Murdoch.  But hey Ill admit, I’m biased,  I watch the daily show and read the onion, I like comedy more than politics but the latter is admittedly more important to our country.  One person no news outlet ever covers is Sen. Ron Paul.  His and our voices must be heard, even if it is over some really thumping bass.  I vote that Everybody be the theme song to:

RON PAUL REVOLUTION 2011   Get out and make a difference

28. Anonymous says:

29. Kara aka Judomaster says:

Great partnership Lorin! I met Katie Gay last night of http://www.freepress.net. Heard all about this vote and your efforts. Great way to inform and help us basshead fans to get involved! I placed my vote! Hope a bunch of your fans are as aware and get involved as you dream and see! Awesome show at Bill Graham Presents! We had a blast working and being at your show. SO nice to see you. Big hugs. Kara aka Judomaster

30. Kara aka Judomaster says:

31. synth135 says:

You guys never cease to amaze… keep it up. Karma respects…

32. Cdubs says:

Your an amazing human being.

33. AshTreez says:

THIS IS AWESOME!! i wish every artist had a program like this. How do we submit a charity to be considered for next year???

• Ed Basscrew says:

You can just post up your suggestions here if you have one, we aren’t actively soliciting suggestions as it got a bit crazy last time that was suggested but always willing to take a look at worthy causes

• Colleen says:

we pick a few charities that are highly relevant to the bassnectar movement, and you get to vote on them. please vote by simple visiting https://www.bassnectar.net/
      if you’d like to suggest a new charity, you can always comment here on the website

34. Great stuff, Lorin!

<3 this. My insight on Free Press vs Democracy Now! is that FP gets at the heart of the issue of freedom of the press, and DN! is the manifestation of it, and a good source of that free information…! Both are gr8:)
    …& While I'm at it, would love to submit my NPO/org for possible consideration in 2013! (Espec. for Illinois residents at ur IL shows!! http://illinoisgba.com — lemme know how! mara@illinoisgba.com)
    Bass & Love