DOLLAR PER BASS HEAD – THE RESULTS

September 26th, 2012

Dollar Per Bass Head 2012Thanks to every who voted for this phase of Dollar Per Bass Head! We have been collecting $1 from every Bassnectar ticket and you have helped us decide how to allocate the next $100k between 4 great organizations that serve the common good.

We’ve tallied the count and are happy to announce the results:

• A Home Within will receive $50k
• Free Press will receive $25k
• Democracy Now will receive $15k
• Headcount will receive $10k

Hit the links for more information on these worthy causes, and how they help people in need, protect our access to free speech and information, and work to protect your liberties and freedoms:

A Home Within – www.ahomewithin.org
Free Press – www.freepress.net
Democracy Now – www.democracynow.org
Headcount – www.headcount.org

Thanks again for getting involved folks! We will be back soon with another round of bass dollars to donate 🙂

Comments

17 Responses to “DOLLAR PER BASS HEAD – THE RESULTS”
  1. Codes says:

Awesome !!! Lorin you’re amazing for doing this. I hope you continue these genirous contributions. (y)

2. andy says:

thanks for doing this. Lots of love for the Bassnectar crew

3. David Bowman says:

I’m glad you allocated a greater portion towards children via A Home Within. Much respect.If we as adults can’t be bothered to respect & nurture children then this world is doomed.Society as a whole will not have available a firm foundation to propel foward from.

4. Toni Heineman says:

Thank you so very much Lorin. We are going to put this fabulous donation to very good use! Toni Heineman, Executive Director, A Home Within

5. juliette storch says:

Thank you so much for everything you do and believing in A Home Within

6. Beats-on-Feets says:

Changing lives for those who go to your shows and for those less fortune. You’re my hero, Lorin. Don’t stop being the most righteous dude to grace this planet.

7. slash says:

pretty sweet beginning!

8. Teresa says:

dope! a home within is such an inspiration to young students like myself lookin to get educated and do something meaningful as a career. in the mean time these other organizations have some great volunteer opportunities! good vibes all around

9. Matt says:

Mad respect! Thank you for being a socially conscious person.

10. Justine says:

You are an awesome person Lorin! I hope life brings you as much love and happiness as your music brings to mine!

11. Linda says:

Thank you Lorin and Crew…your actions build hope in an almost hopeless world 🙂

12. Garrett Peterson says:

You are awesome, I had no idea. I’m so glad to see your impact in making this world a better place. P.s. I was in reno last Wednesday night, rockin show, but the bass was way to loud, I had to get ear plugs and it was much better. But I had to keep adjusting them and I wish it wasn’t so damn loud. Thanks for a great show, but again, I spent half the time trying to find a spot in the room I could deal with the impact of the bass, but then I found earplugs out front. And I have always rocked heavy bass in all my cars etc… Your bass was so loud my vision was vibrating, cool, but overkill bro! 🙂