THE FREESTYLE EP – OUT NOW

October 15th, 2012

Bassnectar - Freestyle - Out NowToday is the day!

We are releasing the FREESTYLE EP full force and full blast world wide: 6 brand new tracks of freestyle amorphous music, featuring Angel Haze, DC Breaks, Mimi Page, Zion I, Amp Live & Eligh and Timeline.

Listen in full below and pick it up in high quality/lossless download. Also available worldwide on iTunes.

Thanks to everyone involved!!!

GET IT NOW – $5.99

Comments

44 Responses to “THE FREESTYLE EP – OUT NOW”
  1. Stefan says:

I just got me the Freestyle EP, unfortunatly all the mp3s are un-tagged and it seems I cannot edit them :/ Any suggestions, I tried downloading the ep again (320kb/s mp3), but it’s the same..
    I hope to get some reply, listening to the ep right now 😉

• Colleen says:

Hey Stefan — check back for a reply from Ed, he should be able to help you with this

• Stefan says:

Thanks, looking foreward to that.
        BTW: I only tried editing Details via Windows explorer (preferences – details), but couldn’t changethe blanks. Downloading the mp3s already tagged would be fine 😉

• someone31988 says:

What program did you use to try to edit the tags?

• Ed Basscrew says:

They all all tagged, artworked etc. Not sure what you are seeing. You sure you downloaded 320 MP3? Sounds like you downloaded the source audio (WAVs) which will not retain tags.

• Stefan says:

Hi, yes i definatly got the 320kb/s MP3 version, altough untagged etc..
        Windows Media Player also says 320KB/s but all I got was a zip with 6 songs, see attached.
        Can you help me out, please?

• Ed Basscrew says:

Yeah I will send you a fresh link. I just re-checked (the double triple check) and the download definitely unzips with tagged MP3 – all info, artwork etc.

• Stefan says:

Thanks.
            The files happened to be fine, but Windows Explorer and Media Player wouldn’t show the details (Media Player appearently cannot read these tags, are they in a special format?!).
            Greetz

2. someone31988 says:

Any chance of a release on CD, or will that be skipped due to it only being six tracks? I like showing off the music I purchase on the shelf. 😛

• Stefan says:

I guess we are like the last two guys on earth rather buying a CD than downloading the mp3 ^^

• someone31988 says:

Yeah, I’d pay double for a disc if I need to. I ended up buying Wildstyle EP for around $15 just to have it on CD. lol

3. David says:

I experienced Counterpoint and Bass Center VII and these new tracks are nearly Devine but, WHERE IS BUTTERFLY REMIX? =C. Not to mention the few other amazing remixes on the Freestyle Mixtape. I would love to see some of them as tracks =]

• crackadelic says:

go through the mixtape & separate the songs individually on itunes so you can have the butterfly remix & i am a laser remaster which is a full version of it & the when the beats drop & jigga up!

• someone31988 says:

There are a lot of remixes that don’t released as individual tracks.

4. hindoo says:

Like David below, i was kinda wondering how the mixtape ended up longer then the ep?

• Colleen says:

a lot of bassnectar mixtapes are longer than the EPs – they’re just two totally different styles of releasing music. the freestyle mixtape has some new remixes/mashups and some older bassnectar material, so obviously that stuff wasn’t released on the freestyle EP.

• yourmothernude says:

Agree with @colleenmcnasty:disqus others done by Lorin; still horny for KISS FM & BBC)= Having a coloring book that doesn’t specify what colors to use to color in a picture of a dog. It’s still a dog, but one has limitations, and the other has no limits.

• yourmothernude says:

******Agree with Colleen. Freestyle EP= Having a coloring book that
          specifically tells you what colors to use to color in a picture.
          Freestyle Mixtape (as well as others done by Lorin; still horny for KISS FM & BBC)= Having a
          coloring book that doesn’t specify what colors to use to color in a
          picture of a dog. It’s still a dog, but one has limitations, and the
          other has no limits.

• yourmothernude says:

wow, everything I submit keeps getting chopped and fucked….

• Colleen says:

BBC is my favorite mixtape
          love that classic 2010 sound
          808 kick drum 808 pat 808 snare drum 808 BASSHEAD 🙂
          that’s the anthem get ya damn hands up 🙂

• yourmothernude says:

DISREGARD PREVIOUS COMMENT, NO IDEA WHY IT GOT CUT OFF…Agree with Colleen
        others done by Lorin; still horny for KISS FM & BBC)= Having a
        coloring book that doesn’t specify what colors to use to color in a
        picture of a dog. It’s still a dog, but one has limitations, and the
        other has no limits.others done by Lorin; still horny for KISS FM & BBC)= Having a
        coloring book that doesn’t specify what colors to use to color in a
        picture of a dog. It’s still a dog, but one has limitations, and the
        other has no limits.

5. SadFan says:

I’m sad that this cost more on Google play than iTunes 🙁

6. SaintParty says:

Liner notes pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? Is there somewhere I can find complete credits for all six tracks?

7. Elizabeth de Moya says:

You know how people download you tracks and then post them on their own websites and soundcloud profiles? Is that frowned upon or is it seen as a promotional tool? Thanks.

• Colleen says:

if someone posts bassnectar music online to promote and share bassnectar, but not to claim it as their own, then that’s great

• Ed Basscrew says:

Posting remixes, virals, re-using the content in imaginative ways is great, provided you stay within the confines of the platforms IP rules (e.g. you must acknowledge all 3rd party content used when you upload to Youtube). But posting our tracks in full to Soundcloud or Youtube etc is not encouraged. We have our tracks available on those platforms already. They will most likely be removed by the moderators of those websites.

8. SolarLion says:

time to wake up y’all. no lines. Truth.

9. crackadelic says:

when are you going to drop your version of “the weeknd – high for this”?? shit is so sickkk!!!

• Colleen says:

Lorin often starts dropping songs looong before they come out on an album or another release, take Lights for example. and some stuff is preserved for live sets alone! only time will tell 🙂

10. Travis says:

Infinite. Bassnectar. Life is good.

11. travis says:

bassnectar. infinite. life is good

12. yourmothernude says:

@EdBasscrew:disqus AY YO EDWORRRD, any word on when we can purchase that vava voom hoodie by itself without having to buy the entire vava voom deluxe set? I already purchased the vava voom CD and the 12 inch double vinyl set, but I have been wanting to buy that gnarkill hoodie for a while and its starting to get chilly in chi! If you can, just shoot me a message if its possible to just purchase the hoodie by itself…..I am at the point where I am highly considering just buying the entire package just to get the hoodie, yeah I am that desperate!

• Ed Basscrew says:

What’s up @fdc9ad06fb4a8d7013b59e03f59702f7:disqus I’ll have an update, and possibly a hoodie, for you this week

• yourmothernude says:

@EdBasscrew:disqus TITTAAYYS! Thanks Ed, you’re constantly holding down house here and I appreciate it as always. Let me know about merch whenever you get around to it, I am fortunate to have things to keep me warm in the mean time so no rush!. Much love

• Ed Basscrew says:

OK looks like we are going to have to restock the hoodie before we can offer it “a la carte”, separately from the bundles. I’m not 100% if we are ordering more, but we might have some from the tour that we can restock the webstore with. So I will find out and let you know before the hoodie bundle sells out. (We already just sold out in Small and XL though.)

• yourmothernude says:

Alright thanks for the reply and the heads up! Also, no worries, if you don’t or can’t serve that funky ass a la carte shit then it’s all good and no biggie. To be straight up with you, I am just now realizing that the deluxe bundle is actually a fatty deal, considering the amount of Grade A merch that’s bundled up around the prized hoodie I want! Sooooo yeah I am going to order le bassnector deluxee pakaeege right now. Lame random question: Is the hoodie 100 cotton? JW because as a medium figured male, I dont want to order a medium, wash it, and then have to put it in my drawer of slutty weekend belly shirts, ya dig? Once again thanks Ed for keeping it real and for always being on top of your shit!

• Colleen says:

it’s 80% cotton, 20% polyester
            i didn’t really notice any shrink in mine

• Ed Basscrew says:

Colleen coming correct with the fabric breakdown

• yourmothernude says:

You’re all the best, much love and props for knowing the synthetics of the nectar regalia on the spot!

• Colleen says:

heh well i did have to run to my closet, i don’t have it memorized ;P glad to be of assistance! love back at ya

13. Tom West says:

Anybody know what software he used for this mixtape ep???//